Japanese ramen broth is, by origin, pork-based. There are 3 main styles of ramen: 'Miso', 'Shoyu' & 'Tonkotsu'. The most prestigious variation of 'Tonkotsu' ramen is the Kyushu style ramen. Within the Kyushu style, our chef's recipes originate from the Kumamoto region of Japan.
We offer 2 styles of fresh ramen noodles. Traditional ramen is a thick wavy egg noodle. Kyushu ramen is a thin straight light colored noodle. Both are handmade and both cooked in an 'al dente' fashion, as they will continue to cook in the broth when served.
In order to define the taste of Kumamoto Kyushu style ramen, you would need to understand all types of ramen to reference comparisons. So for the well-traveled, you will easily be able to define and describe the distinct taste and experience that we offer. Let us explain for those who may not be as familiar with Japanese culture; our broth is simmered for 2 days. As you can imagine, a lot of flavors are extracted from the pork bones. So do you think the pork flavor would be strong or subtle? The true answer to this question depends on what your personal preference is. However, we are happy to offer recommendations to best suit your taste buds!
1) Taste the broth.x (x)x (x)x (x)x (x)
2) Taste the noodles.x (x)x (x)x (x)x (x)x (x)
3) Experience and enjoy the flavors and texture of the ramen.x (x)x (x)x (x)x (x)x (x)x (x)
4) We encourage you to flavor the broth & noodles using the spices that are on your table; a Kumamoto specialty.x (x)x (x)x (x)x (x)x (x)x (x)x (x)
5) The flavor of your broth will evolve and change throughout your meal.x (x)x (x)x (x)x (x)x (x)x (x)x (x)x (x)
The Chefs' intention is for you to experience the passion and quality of ingredients that they have put into each bowl of ramen. Thank you for joining us!